Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

Sew and Tell Friday
Seems like everywhere i turn in blogland lately there are pretty pillows , pretty pillows and more pretty pillows!!!

seving
I had been thinking about making a few of my own for a while now...but seeing all the others out there i got inspired this week to start making and stop reading.
seving
Like all great projects this one took on a life of its own. i started it not really knowing what i wanted to do, but as i went through my stash i found some Recess charm squares left over from a old quilt project, and i got to thinking. Then it struck me...i had a pile of other mixed amounts of American Jane fabrics...why not mix them all together and see what happens.
seving
As it stands the inner blocks of the pillows are sized the same but done each in a different design. The first two of the planned four are just a simple 9 patch...and a wonky star. I used the tutorial at sillboodilly for the star. I have the other two still in the planning phase...i intend for those to be a disappearing 9 patch and some kind of improv block. I am also quilting them all differently.
seving
I was able to speed up the finish by making a envelope back out of an old curtain. It already had finished edges so i saved myself a step. Go on over to Amylouwho's and see all the other amazing finishes from this week.
Posted by Picasa

design, fabric, LIFE, quilting, sew and tell, and more:

Sew and Tell Friday + sewing