Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

Mirror Image!

I had the sick for most of this week. One afternoon while i was laying on the couch, Avery our little mommy decided to make a project with Mitchell. She sat him down and got him set up with markers and paper and then started having a funny, very Avery conversation with him. I just listened and waited. I hear her ask him if he knew why it was Easter and why that was important, and proceeded to explain it to him as only a 5 year old can do. Well, she told him that she thought that he should draw a picture of Jesus. Well, this is Jesus. Mine is on the gray felt and his is on paper. Complete with long hair. I loved it, and it made me laugh. finally his drawings are starting to look like something. I wanted to keep it forever. It has been sitting on my sewing table for a few days now and i have wanted to do something but did not know what. I took out my free quilting foot for my machine and then "freehanded" his drawing on fabric with thread. It was not too hard, fortunately he is not a complicated artist. I think it turned out better than i thought it would. I think i will try this more with some of their other drawings. It works great for these kind of stick figures. Now am i going to frame it or make it part of a quilt or pillow for him....hmmm?
seving
Posted by Picasa

fabric, quilting, and more:

Mirror Image! + sewing