Sew La Ti Embroidery + tutorial

Flower embellishment tutorial
SewingWhat you will need:
Something to embellish, I chose a tank top.
fabric
thread
buttons
rotary cutter, mat and ruler
sewing machine

When I do a shirt, I usually put three flowers on it, you could do as many or as little as you want, I like groups in odd numbers, I think it looks better.
First step: cut out three strips of fabric that are 10 inches long by 1 1/2 inches wide (when I have embellished shirts for my girls, I make them about 1o inches long and 1 inch wide)


SewingStep 2: If you need to, iron your pieces. Then fold back on itself into a circle shape.

Sewing
When I get to the end, I fold it under.

SewingThen I take it to my ironing board and iron it flat.

Sewing
I think this just makes it easier to sew it down. I do all three flowers to this point.

Sewing
Then I figure out where I want the flowers to be placed and I sew them down. I start where the two ends meet and usually in a star shape. Really you could sew them down however you want, you could even hand stitch them down.
Sorry some of my pictures have weird lighting, a couple of them were at night.

Sewing
Here they are almost done!

Sewing
The last step is to sew the buttons on! And now you have a cute flower shirt or whatever you want to embellish! I've used these on dresses, bags, and shirts.
Have Fun! I hope this made sense :)

fabric, hope, sewing, and more:

Flower embellishment tutorial + tutorial