Sew La Ti Embroidery + vintage

gingham skirt

So, I am participating in Elsie Marley's Kids clothes week challenge.  I have been a bit of a slacker, having two kids home with pink eye has taken a toll on free time this week :)  They are all at school today though.  I have cut out 3 different sizes of the Oliver and S ice cream dress pattern, and have one of the dresses cut out, but I am having a hard time getting excited to sew with a pattern.  Patterns and I do not get along, I think I just don't have the patience for them.























I did make this skirt this morning though.  I purchased the brown gingham yesterday, I knew immediately that I wanted to make a skirt out of it, and Jade's birthday is coming up soon, so it was perfect.






















I added a little apron trimmed with big ric rac and a doily, and also the French vintage eyelet trim at the bottom.  I love how it turned out, I would so wear this if it was my size.

sewing, TIME, and more:

gingham skirt + vintage