Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

Ready to be quilted & fabric love
Sewing
Two posts in one day? My quilt sandwich is ready! Aren't the elephants the cutest? I think I am going to make a small test quilt sandwich first before I start on the real thing. So, I had to drive all over a few cities today to find the right darning foot for my machine. Finally I found one at Hancock Fabrics, who knew that a darning foot cost $25? Not me. I'm glad I found it though.

Sewing
Of course I had to look at fabric, I mean I drove 20 minutes to get to the store :) When I saw this handerchief fabric, I snatched it off the shelf like someone was going to steal it away from me. I am completely smitten over this fabric, I absolutely love it. I bought two yards of it, and when I payed, happily it was on sale! In the picture it is folded in half, so you are seeing a yard, would'nt it make the cutest quilt? Actually it would make alot of cute things. I think I am sad I did'nt buy more, maybe I'll have to make another trip.
Now I'm off to figure out this machine quilting thing!

fabric, quilting, and more:

Ready to be quilted & fabric love + sewing