Sew La Ti Embroidery + vintage

Fabric Madness
seving
Oh fabric heaven!! There was a fantastic quilt shop by my sisters house, and i could not wait to go. When we walked in i was blown away by the selection and how beautiful everything was. Some have a purpose and others just looked good together and some i got for no other reason than i loved them.
sevingSince it was vacation...Chris was very sweet to let me get whatever struck my fancy. Now if i had really bought everything, in the quantity i would have wanted i just might have broken the bank. But i practiced a little restraint. A little! Ok a very little!
sevingThese batiks are destined for a quilt idea Avery had. I hope to get to work on that one first. About 1 year ago she dictated to me a idea she had for a dolphin quilt, and i have been scared of it ever since. But when Colleen and i saw these fabrics we laid it all out on the floor and the dolphin quilt came together. See the ones on the left..they are for the rocks, water and sky. I love that these look like "sea trees" as avery calls them. And the others are for the applique parts.
seving
these are all from IKEA. I love that you can get fabrics there. They are heavier weight but might someday have a use. I have that kids fabric with hippos in green also. It is so bright and cute.
seving
Once in awhile i am lucky enough to find a sale on curtains like these ones above. Clearance is great.
seving
i love these...especially the grey and the green together. I love how "vintagey" they look.


seving
And this one...this was the reason i was going to that store. This beautiful cloud print by Kaffe Fassett. I don't know what i am going to do with it. Maybe a little quilt with these other two colors. i heart fabric.
Posted by Picasa

fabric, fantastic, hope, Random, sewing, and more:

Fabric Madness + vintage