Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

The Best Book Ever
My sweet husband was ordering on Amazon, not that long ago, and asked if there was anything i wanted...."anything?" I asked.

My running wish list was consulted and we picked a few quilty books. Among them was Block Party, by Alissa Haight Carlton and Krisitin Lejnieks.


seving

This book is ridiculous good. So good you have to go get yourself a copy. I think i have read it cover to cover now several times..studied it even. That good!!! It is so full of great patterns and amazing inspiration. I loved reading every woman's quilt story.


seving

There are many wonderful projects to choose from but these are some of my favorites. Ones i hope to make sometime. After all that is what i buy these books for right.....they aren't just for eye candy, are they? Ok, mostly they are...but this one makes me want to sew!!!!!


seving

As an avid blog reader i have seen this quilting bee and that quilting bee pop up...and they all look amazing, but documenting this one the way they did was genius! What a wonderful way to feel a little of that old fashioned comraderie that came with coming together with other quilters to make something beautiful.


seving
How fun would it be to make a sampler quilt from all of these blocks?

**this is all just my humble opinion. I am getting nothing out of this!**


Leslie

best, books, hope, inspiration, quilting, sewing, and more:

The Best Book Ever + TIME