Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Senator Stephen Sweeney apologizes for anti-gay marriage vote
State Senator Stephen Sweeney (D-NJ) is apologizing for voting against gay marriage in New Jersey:
"Seventeen months ago, I stood up here and made the biggest mistake of my legislative career. I made a decision based purely on political calculations not to vote in support of marriage equality," Sweeney said from the Senate floor. "I failed in my responsibility as majority leader of this house of government to actually lead. I was wrong.
"To my fellow colleagues, to staff, and to those watching upstairs, let me tell you: Never, ever again will I allow that to happen," he continued. "The time for political calculations is over."

Whatever. It sounds like he's pandering to gay people now as the tide seems to be turning our way.Read it.

VIA Senator Stephen Sweeney apologizes for anti-gay marriage vote

new jersey, and more:

Senator Stephen Sweeney apologizes for anti-gay marriage vote + TIME