Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

The Lunchmate
My mom had mentioned that she would love something she could use at work to eat her lunch on. Apparently the tables are yucky and nobody wants to put their food on them. We were talking about it one day and she said she would like something that could roll up into her purse or lunchbag that had a place for silverware as well.

seving
This is what i came up with. The lunchmate prototype!!! I drew up a pattern so that i could make more if she liked it. She wants to give them to the other ladies that she works with. I am all for anything that can save us all from few germs.

seving
It came together in a afternoon. It is so simple. I also made it so that the top would fold down before you roll it so that your silverware does not get loose. In theory it should be totally machine washable so they can keep it neat and clean.

seving
I had to decide between elastic and button closure or ribbon. I went with the button and elastic! Just unroll and eat and the lunchmate makes everything better!!! And pretty too!!

seving
Posted by Picasa

and more:

The Lunchmate + sewing