Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

In Other News...
seving
....besides vacation! Today i re-fashioned/purposed a old dress for Avery into a pinafore for 'prairie days'...something i am going to do with her over the next few weeks. I was trying to figure out what i was going to use and then i came across this old dress, that was just a little too small for her.
seving
It was already on my sewing table, because i planned on making it into a skirt for her. So i just got out the sewing scissors and cut a straight line as best i could. No marking, no measuring...i just eyeballed it.
seving
I quickly hemmed the now raw edges and she looked adorable. And as a bonus, because it was lined she can wear it either way, but i think she is partial to the layered look she is showing off here.
seving
These pretty things were in my mail today. I recently won a contest on Red Pepper Quilt Blog. Rita was so nice to give these Flea Market Fancy blocks away, they are 10 inches square. I already have them laid out on my floor, as Avery and i contemplate how they are all arranged at the moment. I hope i can do them justice. If you love quilts you should check out her blog, she makes beautiful quilts, and fast. Thank you so much Rita, it was a thrill to win!
Posted by Picasa

best, Contest, fabric, hope, and more:

In Other News... + sewing