Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Sew and Tell Friday
This has been one busy week!! I had family here from out of town. We got to go out and do lots of fun things together. Fun, but man my feet are tired!!! There was not a lot of sewing time to be had. But somehow i managed to squeeze in a little time for it. You know those moments when you just feel it, you know you need to make something.

seving
I sat in my upstairs hall and basically dumped out all of my scraps on the floor around my sister and I searching for some that went together, so that i could make another mini quilt(see the first one here). This time a little larger but still mini!!! It measures somewhere between 4x6 and 5x7. There are a variety of fabrics in here...wonderland, wee play, flutterby, recess...and i included some selvage on it just to try it out. This is the first time i have used any selvage and i love it!

seving
I assembled it randomly, hand cutting pieces and just sewing them wherever they fit. I quilted it this way too....just put it in the machine and hoped for the best. Needless to say this plan meant i had some unpicking to do! I was able to frame it in a shadowbox...held in with pretty pearl pins! Now it is hanging on the wall upstairs outside my bedroom where i can see it and enjoy it every time i walk through the door.

seving

Today is sew and tell at Amylouwho's. Click the link on my sidebar or right here to go and see what everyone made this week. I bet there are a lot of beautiful springy projects. Have a wonderful Easter!
Posted by Picasa

best, fabric, hope, Kiddo's, quilting, sewing, and more:

Sew and Tell Friday + TIME