Sew La Ti Embroidery + weekend

Quilting Find!!!
sevingIt's gorgeous isn't it? A weekend or so ago i was out with my mom, aunt, sister and Avery. We walked into an antique shop and right away i saw it sitting folded so nicely on a chair at the back of the shop. My heart did a little flip and the palpitations started.
sevingIt was love at first sight. Hand pieced and sewn...nearly queen size. Amazing in every way.
sevingI have been dreaming of finding something like this every time i walk through the doors of a second hand or antique shop. I did not buy it right away...but days later i could not get it out of my head so Chris got out of work early and we drove to the shop and made it mine. A special mother's day gift.

seving
There was only a little light to take pictures in. I was trying to air it out and get some good pictures. Every time i look at it I see a new flower that i did not see the time before that I love more than the last.
seving
There are lots of feed sack and old vintage fabrics. I was told that as best she knew it was made in the 40's or 50's. Right now it is in my bedroom, draped over a quilt rack. I fold it and unfold it in various ways so i can see different fabrics.
seving
It must have taken the person who made it forever to make. Look at the binding, scalloped around all the little hexagons, hand sewn and perfectly folded to make little corners at each one.
seving
Thanks for indulging all the pictures. My family has already been subjected to folding and unfolding and fabric loving and random giggling because of the sheer thrill of it...even my dad. I probably should not love a thing this much but it sure is saving me some time since i just recently began hand making little hexagons just like these myself.
Posted by Picasa

best, fabric, quilting, sewing, TIME, vintage, and more:

Quilting Find!!! + weekend