Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

Flaunt it Like Nelly Would....
sevingThis week i finished Avery's prairie bonnet....for our previously mentioned prairie days. And Mary, that title was for you! I thought of it as soon as i saw your comment on her pinafore.
seving
she picked out a very colorful and modern floral by Kaffe Fassett. I am impressed with her taste. I also wanted to make this very old fashioned thing be more modern and updated. If you can update a bonnet?
seving
I am more than thrilled that she wanted to wear it all today on our little afternoon trip to the river. My homemade gifts are not usually a thrill to my kids so to have her wear it and love it makes my day.
seving
I found a very easy and fun tutorial on how to make a simple bonnet at Given Moments blog. i was able to make the brim, bonnet and ties with a fat quarter and used a contrasting fabric inside the brim.
seving
Posted by Picasa

fabric, and more:

Flaunt it Like Nelly Would.... + sewing