Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

Patchwork skirt love
Sewing
I haven't been able to stop thinking about this skirt tutorial from the Moda Bake shop.

Sewing
So I made one.

Sewing
And then had my 7 and 5 year old take pictures for me. I think they did pretty good.


Sewing
There was a few things I did differently from the tutorial. First, it called for a layer cake and a jelly roll which I did not have, so instead I picked 25 different fabrics from my stash which made it easy because I needed 25- 10 inch squares and 25- 2 1/2 inch strips. Another thing I did differently was I didn't make the waistband, I just folded down the top of the skirt to make the waistband. Also, if I make another one of these (which I probably will) I will serge all my pieces together. I just sewed everything together without thinking about the raw edges. (so now I will have a lovely stringy mess under there, oh well!) If I would have used a layer cake and a jelly roll they would have already had pinked edges.

And I have to say that I LOVE THIS SKIRT!

clothing, fabric, and more:

Patchwork skirt love + sewing