Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Improv Inspiration
seving
My sewing machine and i have not been spending that much time together lately, but yesterday i needed to sew. I knew that i had to sew something, anything. Right away i was drawn to my scraps from Heather. I took them out and looked them over...all sorts of shapes and sizes...and figured out right away that the best plan was some improv sewing. When i got these the other day a good friend saw them and wondered what on earth i could do with such small pieces, so it was exciting to show her what i had made with them.
seving
I considered looking online to see if there was some kind of tutorial...but knew that would only end in me wasting valuable sewing time on the computer, being inspired by other peoples ideas and never getting to my own. I needed to free myself from being dependent on the internet and blogs. With determination and lots of excitement i just started sewing. Out came these improv scrappy log cabin blocks.
seving
I have not done a sewing project that has been so freeing or so fun, ever. I did not worry about straight lines or perfectly cut blocks. i just sat and created. It felt good. I struggle with the differences in being crafty and being creative. I want to create but sometimes i feel so stuck in thinking about it that i get nowhere. This time i just went for it, and it turned out amazing!! I love it!! I think it is going to end up hanging in my living room and if i don't like it there i am going to use it for a table runner.
Posted by Picasa

best, inspiration, quilting, sewing, and more:

Improv Inspiration + TIME