Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Slow but Sure
seving
Here is something i have been working on for a little while now. A few months back i was seeing lots of paper pieced hexagons and i really wanted to give it a try. I found some easy directions to follow and went for it at Cia's Palette. I have been using all scraps, so far. I envision this as someday being Avery's wedding quilt...by virtue of how tiny all these pieces are(about 1.5 inches) and that she is only 7 now... so you can tell i am figuring in lots of time for this one. Of course there is the chance that this plan will go bust if i get overwhelmed by the sheer volume that i would need, but there are enough of them currently that they could be something else, right?
seving
I have been keeping them on and in my sewing bag in my purse, working on them when i get the chance...at the doctor's office, at the library, at my sisters house, just wherever. You can see my idea plan in the top picture. I am thinking about bordering all of them in black hexagons and then outlining it all in white. What do you think? There is something about a project totally done by hand that is on one hand soothing and on the other really daunting!!!!
Posted by Picasa

quilting, sewing, and more:

Slow but Sure + TIME