Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

It's Here!!!
sevingBlogger Quilt Festival began today....hosted by Amy at Park City Girl. You have to go check it out. I can not believe the number of people that have already posted and added their name to the list and this is only day one. This goes on from the 9th to the 16th. I am hoping to find lots of inspiration.
sevingThe quilt i chose for quilt festival is one of my older quilts...pretty close to being the first one that i made. I found this easy pattern on the internet many years ago and loved it for being simple and easy for a then beginner. Today was not the greatest day for pictures...it was rainy and dark pretty much all day.
sevingEven then i knew my limitations. I had a really simple basic sewing machine that would not machine quilt anything well...i found that out the hard way. So back then all i knew to do was hand quilting. I would draw out my pattern free hand with chalk or a wash away fabric marking pen, and then quilt away. For this I did a simple flower and some swirls to fill in any gaps.
seving
I made this for Avery when she was little(way before blogging)...and it lived on her bed for a long time. But at some point in all the moving it got folded and stored away in the linen closet with all the other blankets. It is worn and soft and i still am in love with the colors and fabrics. This was the first set of fabrics that i chose because i fell in love...that was the beginning of a fabric obsession that does not quit!
seving
This week when i pulled it of the shelf i looked it over i could see all the things i have learned to do a little better...most especially the corners. Yikes!! These were bad. It was the first time that i had to do real big repairs on a quilt. I took all the corners apart, machined them and re-stitched the binding back down by hand.
seving
You can see a little of the back here. I pieced it together with what i had before i knew that pieced backs were cool!!Oh, the panic when i thought i had run out. I still remember it well.seving
Another really close up of the corner repair i did...i am so excited to go and see what everyone else is sharing. I am going to have to pace myself over the next few days so that i can really take it all in. Go check it out here...and share something you have made!!!
seving
Posted by Picasa

fabric, inspiration, quilting, sewing, and more:

It's Here!!! + TIME