Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Sew and Tell Friday
I made it!!!
seving
It is not always easy to find what I am looking for. This is the kind of mess i make when i am looking. What was i looking for you might be wondering?....and if you were not that is ok too. :o) I was looking for some scraps to make, maybe the one and only handmade gift i will finish this Christmas. There were some good scraps in there.
seving
Since i am fully confident that the family member i made this for never reads my blog, i feel comfortable sharing. Sorry, those of you that do read it is not for you. hope you won't be disappointed.
seving
I made a bread bag...to store fresh bread, homemade or otherwise. It is lined with the same green floral in the patchwork. In doing this bag i conquered some of my least favorite things that i am not so great at....buttonhole and interfacing. I know you seasoned sewers are thinking, what those are easy things....but i tend to shy away if i have more to deal with than straight lines. i used this tutorial from this fun blog Adelaide Lemonade. When i saw it i knew right away that it would be a great gift for my uncle who makes bread all the time.
seving
I embroidered it with the words 'frisches brot'....German for 'fresh bread'. Said aunt and uncle enjoy things of german persuasion...and when i last spoke to my aunt she was gushing about my uncles latest bread and how it was like a good german bread....crisp outside and soft and chewy in the middle. Sounds good to me. hence...frisches brot. NOW, i have not been to Amylouwho's to check out the rest of the finishes because i was too busy trying to finish mine while it was still Friday....so go and check them out with me. I know there are going to be some great ones.
Posted by Picasa

handmade, hope, sew and tell, sewing, and more:

Sew and Tell Friday + TIME