Sew La Ti Embroidery + wip wednesday

WIP Wednesday
Welcome to a WIP Wednesday where i actually have a few things to share.


seving


First is my WIP. I have been working through the blocks of a Amy Smart pattern and i am loving it so far. I am hoping that it continues to go as smoothly as it has to this point(knock on wood). Last night i laid out all the strips, today i hope to get the whole top done

seving



And I wanted to share a few shots of my latest finish...which was a WIP until this past weekend when i stayed up way too late 2 nights in a row to finish it. These blocks were made using a jelly roll of Salt Air fabric and a pattern i found on the Missouri Quilt Company blog.

seving


It is backed by my new favorite fabric. I had thoughts of hoarding this one for the stash, to be used at who knows what point. I had mentioned this backing was coming in another WIP post. I hope it was not too anticlimactic! But i really do love it!


seving


I was going to just simply straight line quilt it....but i was getting too caught up in trying to follow the lines of the quilt....and as you can tell by looking at this quilt, following lines would not be easy.  I decided i was over thinking everything and ended up just going for it and free handing some wavy overlapping lines that i followed with my walking foot. The quilting might  be seen a little easier if you click on any of the pictures.

I am really happy with it. This feels like it was a really productive week for me. I am getting back into a sewing groove and it is nice!

Head over to Lee's and see what everyone else has made.

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Leslie
Posted by Picasa

fabric, happy, hope, quilting, sewing, weekend, and more:

WIP Wednesday + wip wednesday