Sew La Ti Embroidery + sewing

School Table Topper
seving
I made this little table topper last week. I used a charm pack of Momma's Apron Strings fabric. The colors are so pretty and the gingham's and fruit were so fun. I love how a charm pack makes the process so much faster. I was able to get from sewn to quilting this in one day. I used some of my other favorites for backing and binding, because if i love them i am realizing i should use them. So the biding is a yellow and white ladybug print from Flutterby and the back is some leftover Wee Play floral in green that i had from another project. I was inspired by Rita and her beautiful straight line quilting so i tried one of her methods and it turned out great. I think i am discovering that stippling might not be for me, straight is so much less frustrating. The quilting mirrors the gingham's in the fabric. It was a pretty gloomy dark day outside so the light and color is not quite right...but it can't be sunny every day.
Posted by Picasa

fabric, quilting, and more:

School Table Topper + sewing