Sew La Ti Embroidery + small sewing projects

The lost art of the hand written letter..........
Boho batik writing/journalling compendiumNo I'm not going to write a post on how we rarely hand write letters any more but it is something that we see less and less of which I think is a little sad since how special do we feel when we receive even just a handwritten note. Anyway with those thoughts in mind I designed this writing/journalling folder or "compendium" I think is the correct word for it. I used up some scraps of batiks leftover from the making of my 'Boho bag'. As you can see it has 2 pockets on the front for pens and closes with a fabric loop and handmade button (a miniature version of the button on the bag). Boho batik writing/journalling compendiumInside it has 4 large pockets for storing paper, journals and pens, 2 single pen pockets and 2 pockets for cards. Boho batik writing/journalling compendiumOnce again I used some African 'shwe shwe' fabrics for the inside. I really like the way these prints coordinate with the blue batiks plus the fact that they've been in my stash for a while now and it feels good to finally find the perfect items to use them in. Boho batik writing/journalling compendium
Just like the 'Boho bag' it is embellished on the outside with a variety of machine embroidery stitches....

Admittedly I don't write many letters myself but I do like to have paper handy when inspiration strikes and I also have recently started a journal for writing down inspirational quotes etc... so I think I need to make one of these compendiums for myself. This one is now for sale here in my Etsy shop and also here in my Felt shop.

Batik fabric, decorative machine stitches, design, embroidery, handmade, inspiration, sewing, and more:

The lost art of the hand written letter.......... + small sewing projects