Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Robots, Gears and Bugs
Doesn't that sound just like little boys?!

This is my 600th post...they seem to be flying by. SO for this post i wanted to share something i have been working on. None of it is finished, just works in progress.

seving
This is the boy version of my nursery plan. Since we did not find out the gender of the baby it is my plan to make a girl version and a boy version. I had big ideas to make the whole thing like, what is now going to be used as or referred to as the dresser topper below....little squares inside big squares. But, my patience wore out as it usually does and i decided to just go ahead and feature the fabric by using big 8 inch blocks of fabric.

seving

I used Cogsmo fabric by Cosmo Cricket. I really love it and it appeals to my husband nerd sense with all the gears, and circuit boards. I just got some more of it in the mail so that i could finish it all up. So what started as a quilt idea for the baby has turned into a quilt, a dresser topper and a wall hanging. I hope i love it all as much when i am done.

seving

And this is the featured bug part of my post title....my son has had a knack lately for finding stick bugs. I had no idea we had them here in NY, as i have only seen them in the insect part of the zoo. But here is one of them...there are two named Camo and Flage. Mitch named them. They kind of creep me out when they are not in their container home. They are living together now, hopefully they don't duel it out to the death or loss of limbs!

seving

seving
***I am going to add this to sew and tell at Amylouwho's this week since it is the greatest amount of sewing i have gotten done in a long time. GO and check everyone else out. There is, as always, some really great stuff to look at.***

Posted by Picasa

fabric, hope, Kiddo's, quilting, sew and tell, sewing, and more:

Robots, Gears and Bugs + TIME