Sew La Ti Embroidery + TIME

Flea Market Inspriation
seving

Way back in the way backs i won a small layer cake(10 inch squares) of Flea Market Fancy from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts. I have been hanging onto them unwilling to cut into them because i was not sure what i was going to make. Then inspiration came from Rita, who was inspired by Ashley...they both made wonderful quilts with simple FMF squares. Go ahead and take a peek, i will wait right here.

Then, much to my surprise, I found a stack of FMF in my own stash that i had bought at some point and totally forgotten about, all different from the ones Rita gave me. Can you imagine? I managed to cut 2.5" squares from about 22 fabrics, giving me somewhere around 350 squares. These are smaller than what the other ladies worked with but i wanted to maximize what i could get from each of the 10" squares. I am thinking of making a play mat for the baby...using double batting and hand quilting it. Can i make this happen anytime soon? I am sure going to try!!! starting with hanging some batting to get a small inspiration wall going so i don't have to lay things out on my hands and knees.
Posted by Picasa

fabric, inspiration, quilting, sewing, and more:

Flea Market Inspriation + TIME